- How do you feel about writing?
- What does one have to do in order to be a good writer?
- What is the easiest part of writing for you? What do you do well?
- What is the hardest part of writing for you? What do you need to work on?
- What helps you the most to make your writing better?
- Do you have a favorite kind of writing? What is it?
- Do you write outside of school? If so, what kinds of things do your write?
- Do you keep a journal or a writing notebook outside of school?
Name:___________________________________ Teacher: _______________
Have your ideas about how writers write–from pre-writing to final draft changed at all this year? If so, how? If not, why not?
Have you improved as a writer this year? If so, in what ways? If not, why not?
What things do I do that help you the most with your writing?
What could I do to help even more?
What things do your friends/classmates do that help you the most with your writing?
What about writing would you like to know more about?
Tell as much as you can about your writing processes. What do you do when you’re asked to write a story?
What do you do when you’re asked to write a report?
From the Writing Curriculum Files of Children’s Author, Suzanne Williams www.suzanne-williams.com